Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A wasted day

This entire day is a no-playdate week for me and darling daughter as she is sick. The hacking, coughing and runny nose has taken its toll over the last couple of days. It got so bad last night that I had to drag the futon mattress into the floor of the baby's room and sleep on it as I listen to my child cough and sniffle all night. Obviously, I didn't get a lot of sleep. Dear husband decided to take the day off because he wasn't feeling the best, so him taking time off worked to my advantage as I got in a couple of naps this morning and in afternoon as he watched darling daughter.

I am very protective of my sleep. However, when motherhood calls I must answer, sleep or no sleep. But I was a person who hates to nap. I always throught that naps were a waste of time. Oh, my tune has changed. Nap time, especially when I'm the one who is sleeping, is a great time. But I have never been able to synchronize when I want to nap with darling daughter's sparadic nap time. Since I cancelled all the playdates we were suppose to attend and host this week, I was taking the week to get stuff done around the house. I must say that I did enjoy my naps today. Too bad I didn't get crack-a-lacking on the houseworkThe only chore I did all day was empty out the dishwasher and put a load of laundry into the washer. Making baby food can wait until tomorrow, I suppose. Too bad I didn't have more wasted days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment