Friday, February 26, 2010

My little Houdinin never ceases to amaze me

This morning, darling daughter was so darn crabby that I had to up nap time an hour earlier. I simply had no choice. It was either watch her continually cry for no apparent reason or save my sanity and put her in her crib for a nap. My sanity won. Unfortunately, when you mess with the timing of nap time, you are playing with fire. In the end, she only slept an hour.

An hour into her nap time while I was trying to catch up on some emails downstairs, I could her stirring. No crying. Just her chirping happily to her stuffies in her room. I was silently hoping that she'd go back to sleep. And at one point I thought she did. But you quickly learn in toddlerland when things are completely silent, trouble is brewing.

Unfortunately for me, darling daughter wasn't sleeping. In fact, she was stark naked, standing in her crib, holding up her wet diaper. If you are an avid reader of this blog, you'll know that I've blogged about past incidents involving a naked toddler and an open up diaper. Including the summer poop incident that prompted a frantic call to Telehealth. Somehow, she wiggled out of her snug sleeper during nap time. Fortunately for me, there was no poop. So now sleepers have been put on the iffy sleeping apparel list. But again, I was thankful that I had no poop to clean up. Some days you just have to thank the small blessings on the road to surviving toddlerhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment