Wednesday, February 17, 2010

No Diet Coke? Let's see how long I can go without


I've drank the rest of the Diet Coke left in the house and I'm ready for Lent to start. Bring it on, I say.

Now, I realize that Lent has already started. I'm just a couple of hours late in giving up the blessed fizzy goodness known as Diet Coke. I was going to pour the rest of my Diet Coke collection down the drain this morning. Despite the fact the remaining Diet Coke left in the bottle was flat, it was almost sacrilegious to pour it down the drain. So I simply poured it in a glass and drank it. Waste not, want not, I say!

I know the next 40 days are going to be difficult. But I can do it. I recently went an entire month without drinking Diet Coke, but I fell off the wagon about two weeks ago and I have been enjoying a Diet Coke binge ever since.

But all good things have to come to an end. And I think my body will thank me for it. A strict beverage diet of water is good, but it does lacks the fizzy and bubbly goodness of Diet Coke. Oh well, my glass is now empty, so excuse me while I go fill it with some good ol' tap water.

No comments:

Post a Comment