Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dust bunnies never sleep

I've reach nirvana. I have a completely clean house. There is no clutter to be seen. There are no dirty dishes in the sink. Coats and boots are in their place. There is no mess in the bathroom. Yep, I've achieved clean house nirvana.

But I'll let you on a little secret: maintaining clean house nirvana is a high maintenance chore. Very high maintenance and immensely time consuming. You see, we let things lapse a bit earlier in the week. However, when we had to resume house showings on Thursday, it was back at to it. Luckily, darling daughter wasn't home. So for two and a half hours, I spent shining the sinks, sweeping the front foyer, folding laundry and most of all, battling dust bunnies.

Despite the fact I had vacuumed days before, the dust bunnies were back at it, mingling under my bed, in my closets and in nooks and crannies. Out came Dyson. He easily sucked them up. Unfortunately for the dust bunnies, they are attracted to Dyson like bees to pollen. It must due to his powers of persuasion that they'd have a better life inside his canister.

But dust bunnies never sleep. They keep on reproducing. They keep mingling. They keep conspiring. Less than 24-hours since I vacuumed, I was force to eliminate dust bunnies again this morning. Having no time to vacuum, I got out the Swiffer. What came out from underneath the bed was disgusting. I've realized that Dyson and I could vacuum every day and the dust bunnies would still have the upper hand. So here's to you, dust bunnies. You may win the war, but I will keep on battling you to achieve and keep house clean nirvana.

No comments:

Post a Comment