Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Freckles

For the last two weeks I've been living in a sleep deprived haze. Between getting the house ready for showings, leaving for showings, and dealing will more illness, sleep has been a luxury that I haven't enjoyed. Today, I went down for a nap when darling daughter was having her usual afternoon siesta.

I woke up to a little voice chattering away in the crib in her room. At first, I thought she was saying "We have to go to J's." J is our relief daycare provider. When I stumbled into her room I finally figured out what she was saying. She wasn't saying, "We have to go to J's," but rather "I have something on my skin."

She was pointing to a freckle on her arm, trying to scratch it off. She seemed pretty concerned that this mark wasn't coming off.


Me: It's a freckle.

DD: Freckle?

Me: Yes, a freckle. (I pointed out a couple on my own arm).

DD: (Looking at the freckles on my arm) That's okay, Mommy. I have one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment