Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Dear husband is bursting to give me my Mother's Day gift. He bought it today. I think it is a photo frame of some sort, but we will see tomorrow.

I'm still wrapping around my head that tomorrow I will be celebrating my first Mother's Day. It is pretty exciting, but at the same time it is surreal. I am a mother. I have a child. And tomorrow I will celebrate Mother's Day for the first time. I know for the next couple of years dear husband will be in charge of the gift buying as darling daughter still has a couple of years before she will be making me handmade cards and macaroni necklaces.

I must confess, I didn't put a lot of effort into Mother's Day for my mom. For me, it was just another day. I'm sure in time darling daughter will do the same thing, run out and buy last minute, half ass gifts. But since having darling daughter, I have grown to appreciate my mother in so many ways. She is a shoulder to lean on. An expert to consult in matters of parenting. A sounding board to bounce ideas off of. She is a wonderful woman and I'm kicking myself for not appreciating her more in my younger years.

I appreciate my mother so much more since becoming a mother and I am so grateful to have her in my life. So happy Mother's Day, mom. I love you. And Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. Enjoy your day, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment