Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolution time

I've have one resolution for 2011: knit for myself.

Except for the socks I made for myself in November, I have absolutely no knitted garments for myself. Darling daughter, on the other hand, has an extensive knitted garment collection. I finished her latest sweater, a baby surprise jacket, an hour before the new year arrived.

I've found knitting for yourself is harder than knitting for others. For whatever reason, I'm not all that anxious to knit. I think it has to do with the fact that my choices are overwhelming. Should I start on the sweater that I've been dying to start? Or should I wait in case I lose more weight? Last night I decided on socks. Hand knitted socks feel divine on my feet. I've been craving to make myself another pair.

As well as the socks, I've got a pair of slippers on my needles and a shawl. I may start on a sweater. I may find that I'm more inspired when I buy more yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment