Monday, January 3, 2011

Twenty-eight more days to go

It seems like a pity that I have to be so negative in my first post for 2011, but I honestly have nothing positive to say about the month of January. Nothing. Not one single word.

I'm not a fan. Not at all as I find January so bleak and dark. Maybe it is due to the fact that the Christmas crash has arrived. Everything Christmas is on clearance. People are packing the holiday decorations away and turning off the Christmas lights. It was like Christmas never happened.

The day after Christmas, I start to get anxious as I know January will arrive in less than a week. Forget happiness in the New Year. I'm too busy worrying how I'm going to survive January. Next to November, I've got absolutely no love for the first month of the year.

The new year is definitely here. The amount of traffic at the gym is astounding. Once January 1 arrives everyone dusts off their gym membership and head back to the exercise grind. The week of between Christmas and New Year's was so delightful. I had my choice of treadmill to choose from. I didn't have to inch myself to my locker in the change room because it was crowded with women. It was like I had my own private gym. Not anymore. I went to the gym on Sunday and it was crazy. It was no better this morning. Every bench, weight and weight bar was claimed in this morning's pump class. Learning from past experience, I claimed my spot and set up my equipment a good 15 minutes before class started.

So hurry up January. You can end at any time. I won't cry. Once I get to February, I'm on the home stretch to spring. Only 28 days to go to the end of the month and they can't go fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment