Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sock yarn love


It's official. I'm addicted to sock yarn.

If you aren't a knitter, crochet, a lover of fiber or have no idea what I'm talking about, feel free to stop reading now. I won't be offended. I promise.

My sock yarn love started in September when I went to Fiberfest in Almonte and was introduced to Turtlepurl yarn. I bought a skein of Ruby Love, which I'm knitting into a shawl. A shawl, you say? How old fashioned of you, Valerie. Not really. According to what I'm seeing on Ravelry, shawls seem to be a popular garment to knit these days. Plus, my Turtlepurl is too pretty to be made into socks. How am I going to show its glory to the world if it is on my feet?

I won a skein of Merisock as a prize in a knit-a-long recently. It was almost made into socks, but at the last minute I cast on my Knit Picks Stroll, instead. Again, the Merisock is too pretty. I think I'm going to make a scarf.

Today, jonesing for sock yarn, I went to my local yarn store and bought a skein of Cascade hand painted sock yarn and a ball of Austermann. I'm telling myself that they will be made into socks, but I have my doubts. They are both so pretty. How am I going to show off their awesomeness to the world if they are on my feet?

No comments:

Post a Comment