Tuesday, March 30, 2010

After five months of dragging my feet, it is finally done!


I am finally done darling daughter's hoodie. It is blocked, dried and ready to go.

The making of this hoodie has been a production in itself. I first bought the yarn in mid-October. I dragged my feet in getting the yarn out of my stash (to be fair to myself, I was busy with other knitting projects), promised myself that after Christmas I'd get on it and it was about the first of March when I started it. It took about two weeks of constant knitting to get it done. However, I dragged my feet again for another two weeks when it came to grafting the hood together. I dislike kitchener stitch. I dislike it a lot. But one day last week after darling daughter had gone to bed, I sat down at the table with a table lamp beside me to give me some extra light and I went to work. Knowing I needed complete silence, I encouraged dear husband to go to the gym. Although it took several attempts involving me ripping out stitches and repeating knit purl - purl knit in my head over and over again, I finally got it done. But it took an hour and a half for me to complete this task. I finished the trim on Saturday and weaved in the ends.

So I can finally say that it is done. Not too sure how long darling daughter will be in it before she grows out of it. But hopefully it will last her for the spring and into the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment