Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Going to the pool is a big deal

For the first time in months, darling daughter and I went to the pool today.

Going to the pool is a big deal for us. I basically have to talk myself into it and that process takes a couple of days. Maybe it is because I don't look forward to wrangling with a wet toddler in and out of a bathing suit or hearing her scream when I place her on the Rubbermaid change station. Or maybe it is the effort of gathering up towels, swimming suits and diapers, change, go swimming, change again and make it home before lunchtime.

As I said before, it has been awhile since we made the trek to the local pool. I think the last time we went was when she was first starting to walk. It has been such a long time that she has grown out of her swim suit as well as the Little Swimmers that I bought more than a year ago. Although it is Tuesday, I've been gearing up to go to the pool since Sunday. I bought her a new swim suit as well as new disposable swim pants. Since today is rainy and cold, I figured it was a good day to go to the pool.

Actually, the experience wasn't too bad. Some things haven't changed. She still screams when I put her on the change station and isn't too fond of the change room showers. But some things have. She no longer chews on the foam puzzle pieces in the baby pool. She actually plays with them by putting them in the plastic boats. She wasn't a big fan of the sprinklers in the baby pool, but I think she'll warm up to them if we go often enough.

We'll be going back. When? Who knows? But I guess I better starting gearing up for our next visit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment