Friday, March 26, 2010

The problem with flyers



. . . Is I want to buy every good deal I see advertised. For the first time this week in five months I received a flyer package. Two months ago, I blogged about the problems I’ve experienced in getting flyers delivered to my front door. After two initial phone calls, one to the flyer delivery company and another to the Ottawa Citizen, I thought the problem had been solved. But no flyers. The flyer conspiracy continued until this week. Although I’d been dragging my butt in trying to track down the reason why I wasn’t getting flyers, it looks like the problem has been fixed.

I forgot how tempting it is to look through flyers. There are a bunch of 40 to 50 per cent off coupons for Michaels that I want to use. Not too sure what I want to buy (likely yarn), but with a deal like that, I need to buy something. It would be foolish not to. Canadian Tire has large measuring cup-like batter bowls on sale. I’d like to pick one up as I miss my Pampered Chef batter bowl that I broke months ago. And cutting boards are on sale, too. I’m finding that with a toddler in the house that you can’t have too many cutting boards as it is seems like I am always cutting fruit and veggies for darling daughter. Toys R Us has a sale on playhouses. I’d really like to get one for darling daughter, but our backyard is only so big and we already have a picnic table and water table for her. Another problem associated with flyer delivery is now I actually have to meal plan. I fell off the meal planning wagon two months ago and I haven’t been able to get back on. With the flyers now being delivered to my door, the excuse of not being able to look at what is on sale no longer applies.

So here’s hoping this flyer trend sticks and is not a one-off. I forgot how much I like to browse through flyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment