Friday, November 5, 2010

Knitting overdrive, part two


A month ago, I wrote a post about how I was in full knitting overdrive. As such, I have made a dent in my queue, only to replace finished projects with new projects.

The sweater I was test knitting is basically done. At this point I have to sew on the buttons and block it. Darling daughter's playground sweater is also complete. I didn't bother blocking it (but I will) and she has already wore it once. The market bag is done. The socks, featured above, are on the homestretch. I have successfully turned the heel and now I'm heading towards the toes. Yipee.

When I get busy like this, I have no qualms in taking my knitting with me to my Friday morning playgroup. While darling daughter goes from station to station, I trail behind with my knitting, trying to complete a couple of rows as sometimes every row counts. The kids look at my strangely as I try to balance a ball or two of yarn while walking and knitting, but a knitter gotta do what a knitter has to do, and that is knit.

So my queue, to date, is:

* Finish a cupcake hat for a friend. It has to be done tomorrow.
* Make darling daughter a helmet hat. Yes, you heard correctly, a helmet hat. It is for her snowsuit.
* Make darling daughter a pair of socks for Christmas.
* Make a friend's daughter a hat.
* Make a friend a hat
* And likely try to make the French press felted slippers before December. I need to keep my toes toasty warm this winter during playgroups.
* Squeeze in some dishcloth knitting. You can't have enough dishcloths.

Obviously, it remains to be seen if this list gets completed. I'm hoping for the best, but expecting my queue to get longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment