Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Let there be light



Sometimes the simple things can make your day.

In my case, it is the installation of new lights. This should have been done long ago, about four years ago, in fact. But it is one of the many things that we have put off.

Me: We really should get those lights installed.

Dear husband: Yep.

Me: We bought four lights a couple of years ago and there they sit in the closet, gathering dust.

Dear husband: Yep.

Me: We should really find a good electrician.

Dear husband: Yep.

And that is where the conversation would end: me wishing for lights, dear husband agreeing with me, and absolutely no action happening on either of our parts to get the job done. And the lights would sit, in the boxes they came in. (However, the boxes came in handy a couple of years ago as dear husband used them them to prop up baseboards when he was doing some painting).

Four years, a wedding and one child later, we finally got the lights installed today. In addition to the four we purchased four years ago, we got another three. And we even got the electrician to fix a couple of switches in the house. Now when I go to the bathroom, I don't have to use a dimmer switch. I just press the toggle switch and voila! Light! (Yes, I had a dimmer switch in my bathroom. Don't have a clue as to why as it was there when dear husband purchased the house).

Goodbye old chandelier. Goodbye dust collecting ceiling fans. Hello new lights. For the last half hour I've been admiring my new lights, turning them on and off. I can't wait for dear husband to come home so he can admire them, too.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha!! Doesn't it feel good to get an old project finally completed?? I have many, many such projects that need completing!! Enjoy your lights!!

    ReplyDelete