Friday, July 3, 2009

Darling daughter and Baby Einstein don't mix

Perplexed is the only word that can accurately describe my current mood.

I've got cranky baby on my hands. Perhaps she is teething. Perhaps she is overtired. Or perhaps she woke up on the wrong side of the crib this morning. Who knows? But in situations like this, I turn to Baby Einstein for help. Baby Einstein has a line of DVDs and the only DVD I own from the line is Baby Mozart. I have played this DVD several times for darling daughter, especially when she is cranky and fussy. Its soothing music, real life images and captivating puppet shows usually calm her down and give me a well needed break. Heck, when she has been in a particularly foul mood, I have played the DVD twice in a row. Until now, the DVD has been a good investment.

In many ways, Baby Einstein has been a godsend. But now darling daughter has decided the soothing music, real-life images and puppet shows are now terrifying images. I played the DVD twice this week and both times darling daughter has whimpered, shivered and bawled when the puppets appear on the television screen. Unless I'm holding her, darling daughter won't watch it without crying, which is unusual as she is an independent baby and she doesn't like to be held by anyone.

So now I am perplexed. What do I turn to when I need a break? Apparently has decided Baby Einstein is now to terrifying to watch. However, the DVD box is a different story. Darling daughter loves it. There are several hundred bite marks on the cover's plastic sleeve. She'll play with it for hours if I let her. *Sigh* It would be just like my child to become a conundrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment