Sunday, July 19, 2009

Money well spent, hopefully



Some women love their Kate Spade, Prada or Coach handbags. I, on the other hand, love my Ju-Ju-Be diaper bag.
I bit the bullet today and laid out $130 for a diaper bag. Yep, that is a lot of money on a freaking diaper bag, however, the bags I have don't meet my needs as they aren't roomy enough to handle all of darling daughter's stuff.
So today was the day, I decided, to get serious about the whole diaper bag issue. The whole thing was sparked the other day when I got diaper bag envy. A friend of mine bought a new snazzy diaper bag. It certainly outshone the bag that I am using: a cotton brown satchel bag I bought at Shopper's Drug Mart on sale for $9.99. She wanted something more feminine. I totally understood her reasoning. I figured I could do the same and get something that was both feminine and functional. Plus, it was time to splurge and stop wasting my money on bags that simply don't work.
When I told dear husband that I was going to blow my money on a pricey diaper bag, he suddenly got a hurt look on his face. He bought me a diaper bag for Christmas that I hardly use. But to be truthful, it isn't that functional. It doesn't have a lot of roomy and it is bulky.
While on the hunt for a new diaper bag, I spoke to a sales clerk who completely understood where I was coming from. Her own diaper bag is wearing out and she is eying the Ju-Ju-Be as a replacement. She once had the same diaper bag that dear husband gave me, but promptly took it back to the store. Really, she said, diaper bags not only need to be functional, but they also have to be durable. Amen to that, I thought. My poor brown satchel from Shopper's Drug Mart isn't cutting the mustard.
My bag features smart pockets and crumb drains. I've got insulated bottle pockets and a memory foam changing pad. My bag also promises to kill germs, mold, mildew, fungus and bacteria. It has fabric protector and stains aren't suppose to stick.
Yes, it is a diaper bag, but it is a cool diaper bag. I'd like to see your Kate Spade handbag kill germs.

No comments:

Post a Comment