Monday, August 16, 2010

Potty training, day one

Right now, I'm waiting for darling daughter to finish her lunch. I'm trying to prolong it as long as I can as it is a nice break for me. Today, we have launched into a new era: potty training, specifically a three-day potty training course. I'm not too sure if it is going to work, but I'm going to give it a try. I have no doubt that darling daughter will easily potty train (here's hoping), but the issue is with me. From what I have learned, potty training takes consistency. I'm not big fan of consistency. Hence my slowness in introducing a sippy cup (did that after she was a year old) and using the baby bath tub (just gave that up last week). While dear husband has been enthusiastic about introducing darling daughter to the potty, I've got the attitude of why-can't-you-go-in-your-diaper?

When I learned about the possibility of potty training your child in three days, I thought I had nothing to lose as I know I will fall flat in the consistency department if we decided to take a more laid back approach to toilet training. I've been dreading potty training. Although I'm about three to four hours into the process, I'm exhausted. During the three days, you sequester yourself in your house with your child and be your child's shadow. Earlier this morning, I briefly thought about slapping a diaper back onto darling daughter's bottom and calling it a day. (This approach also requires you to get rid of all your diapers and not rely on pullups or training pants). I've already got a load of laundry for tonight and I'm tired of wiping pee off the floor.

Here's hoping this works. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment