Sunday, March 15, 2009

Costco, you are making me rethink my membership . . .

In these hard economic times, you would think retailers would be trying to lure consumers into their stores with cheaper prices, not discourage them with price increases. However, Costco has quietly raised some of its prices on some of its baby products, namely Pekkle sleepers. I love Pekkle sleepers. Not only are they cute, good quality sleepers, they once were cheap as in $7.49 cheap. I couldn't believe my eyes when dear husband and I stumbled upon them a couple of months before darling daughter was born. We bought more sleepers after she grew out of her size six month sleepers.

When I heard that Costco was having a sale on sleepers, I was excited. The possiblity of buying sleepers around $5 was very appealing. So after darling daughter was down for the night, I headed out to visit the big box giant.

However, my excitement of getting sleepers around $5 each was short lived as Costco has jacked the price of Pekkle sleepers to $9.49. That is a $2 difference. With the $1.50 coupon, the sleepers were 50 cents more than when I first started purchasing them. Plus, I could only get three sleepers with my coupon. I'm not impressed.

So if Costco is jacking up the prices on sleepers, what else have they raised the price on? I'm really rethinking about not renewing my membership in June. If I can get sleepers cheaper at Wal-Mart, why would I want to go to Costco. Sorry Costco, you get a big thumbs down. Other mothers are on to your price raising ways. So if I'm thinking of not renewing my membership, I'm sure others are thinking the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment