Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tragedy

The recent death of four Canadian soliders based at CFB Petawawa have been on my mind since I first learned of the news last night. One of the soldiers, 28-year-old Master Corporal Scott Vernelli, leaves behind a six-month-old daughter. In September, local news media did a news story on Master Corporal Vernelli and his wife, who were expecting their first child. A couple of weeks later, a television crew revisited the family after his wife gave birth. Since I had recently gave birth at the time, the couple's story stuck in my mind.

Last night, I kept on thinking about Master Corporal Vernelli's baby girl and his wife. It is heartbreaking this little girl will never know her father. I know my thoughts, and the thoughts of countless Canadians, will be with this family. However, this is likely little comfort to a baby girl and her mother who have lost a piece of their heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment