Thursday, March 5, 2009

Telemarketers raining on my parade

Right at this moment the house is silent. Darling daughter has gone down for her morning nap. It was a struggle. There were tears and protests, but she reluntantly gave into sleep. I don't know why she fights it so, but she does. Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers that she will sleep for a good hour. It seems likely lately how her day unfold hinges on her morning nap.

The only thing that will disturb naptime is a ringing telephone. Other than my parents, dear husband's parents and the odd friend, no one of importance really calls us. However, telemarketers are a whole different story.

I'm not a fan of telemarketers. I don't think there are a lot of people who are. I understand times they have a job to do, but I'm not really interested in listening to the spiel. I find that I can go a month without receiving a phone call from a telemarketer, but then suddenly I'm bombarded with calls for weeks on end. Lately, they have been calling my cell phone.

In the day of BC (before child) it wasn't a problem. I just didn't answer the phone when I saw a strange phone number pop up on my phone's display panel. Now I don't have that luxury. It doesn't matter if the phone ring once, it will wake up that child, resulting in the immediate termination of naptime and me cursing under my breath. I don't know why it has taken me so long to decide to unplug the phone altogether. I guess it takes me a while to clue into useful solutions. So when darling daughter was showing signs of tiredness this morning after breakfast, I immediately unplugged the telephone cord. However, I hope to remember to plug the cord back into the telephone outlet after naptime because I may be wondering why no one, including telemarketers, aren't phoning us.

No comments:

Post a Comment