Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm a slave to nap time

I'm starting to feel what house arrest is like.

I say that jokingly, but at the same time I am getting tired of looking at my beige walls. Getting out of the house was an impossible task this week. I basically have a two hour window between darling daughter's morning nap and her afternoon nap that I can leave the house. For whatever reason, playdates have to fall in a certain time frame in order for me to participate. If they fall in the realm outside of nap time, I take my chances. Earlier this week I thought I could get away in going to a playdate right smack dab in the middle of darling daughter's usual nap time. To make a long story short, I paid dearly for that outing. Let's just say there was a lot of hysterical screaming involved. Although it was worth it for me to get out of the house, I had to cancel our participation at an outing the following day because missing nap time two days in a row was pushing the proverbial envelope.

I would like to say that darling daughter is ready to downsize to one nap a day, but she isn't. Two hours after waking up, she is tired. And despite how small or big that nap is, it is plays a large part in getting her through the day in half decent humour. With that being said, the afternoon nap is essential. If I miss the morning nap, there is no way on God's green earth that I could even contemplate skipping out on the afternoon nap. An overtired baby makes for a headache, make that a migraine, at bedtime.

So here I am, wondering what I should do. We were able to get out for a quick visit at a neighbouring park today, followed by an exciting shopping trip to Shopper's Drug Mart to purchase diapers. And if I am really lucky, I may able get to a body step class, depending on what time dear husband gets home. So in essence, the I may spend two hours away from the house today. I do believe that even people sentenced to house arrest can leave their house for a couple of hours a day.

Oh well, it could be worse. I could be in the position where she isn't napping at all. If that was the case, I'd have a whole different outlook on the situation.


Copyright 2009 -- Valerie McLaughlin -- All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment