Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Why can't the house tidy itself?



As a stay at home mom, I feel like I should be spending my days cleaning my house from top to bottom when I am not caring for darling daughter.. But if I'm lucky to get a load of laundry washed, dried, folded and put away in the course of a 12-hour period, I consider that a successful day. The chores on my ever-growing list aren't getting done. In fact, they are piling up. I've got a pile of papers that have yet to be shreaded. I have clutter that needs to be decluttered. I have a pile of household items that are slated to Goodwill but are just sitting in my basement. I have floors to swiffer. I have dishes to wash. Yet, I have no motivation to do so, not even when darling daughter is sleeping. Lately, when she goes for her naps, I'll sneak out to the back yard and read. Simply put, I just don't have the energy to do housework as it is never ending. There will always be dishes to wash, clothes to put away, clutter that needs to be dealt with, but summer only comes once a year. I guess my housework can always wait until September.


Copyright 2009 -- Valerie McLaughlin -- All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment