Thursday, July 8, 2010

It is too hot to fight over the radio

In the last week, darling daughter and I have been fighting over the radio.

I'm a news radio junkie. I may not necessarily agree what the commentators are discussing, but I feel by listening to news radio I have some connection to the outside world. Some days, listening to an adult voice makes me feel sane. Recently, I blogged about darling daughter's love for Johnny Cash. Yes, she loves Johnny Cash. Although Johnny Cash doesn't exactly rock my boat, I do enjoy some of his songs. We've been listening to our one and only Johnny Cash CD for more than a month now and I'm getting tired of listening to his ballads about Folsom Prison and being a boy named Sue.

However, I can't touch the button to change the CD player over to AM radio without darling daughter screaming "song, song." Some times I try to push the envelope, so to speak, but saying, "Mommy wants to listen to talk radio." Doesn't work. "Song, song" soon becomes "SONG, SONG" and then the tears come between her insistence that we listen to Johnny Cash. I've tried to change it while she's napping in her car seat, but she'll wake up and groggily say, "song, song." Quite frankly, she is becoming a dictator when it comes to the radio.

But this week it is simply too hot to fight over the radio. So I continue to listen to Johnny Cash. If this is going to be the reality, then I better invest in a new Johnny Cash CD. There are only so many times a girl can listen to Get Rhythm before it starts to drive her bonkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment