Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Photo Wednesday


Dear readers, I'm sure you are wondering how this beaten up, downtrodden laundry basket is this week's Photo Wednesday photo. But there is a story behind this laundry basket. Four years ago, I saved it from the landfill as my grandmother was ready to chuck it out, along with its two siblings. The laundry baskets were done, she reasoned. They had a good life. They had served her well since she bought them back in 1984. (Yes, 1984. I remember the year well). But I saw a glimmer of life left in these baskets and I rescued them.

They have been serving me well for the last four years, but this one is starting to show its age. Dear husband has been quietly hinting that I should take it to the curb and say goodbye. But I can't. This is one of the best laundry baskets ever. Yes, it is falling apart. Yes, it is cracked in several different places. But its cracked side hugs to my body when I haul it up and downstairs. I know the time will come to say goodbye, but I hope to get a couple of more years out of it. Who can say they own a 26 year old laundry basket?

No comments:

Post a Comment