Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Too hot to run (or is it?)

According to dear husband, it is definitely too hot to run. His plan of getting up at 5:30 a.m. this morning for an early morning run went bust when darling daughter woke up at 5 a.m. After tending to her, he reset the alarm clock because he figured it would be too hot to run.

Me, on the other hand, have ran the last two nights. But they have not been long distances. It was tolerable Sunday night. Barely tolerable, I should add. I really dragged my butt on that run. I was not so much fun last night. I had to wait until 9:15 p.m. before running. And since I didn't want to run far from home because it was dark, I ran laps around two crescents in my neighbourhood. I greatly appreciate the efforts of one neighbour in his attempt to keep his front lawn green with a sprinkler. It was nice to have the sprinkling of water on me, even if it was for a brief moment.

So dear husband is firm that he won't be running in this heat wave. And who can blame him? Me, on the other hand, is still considering running tonight. We shall see.

Edited to add: Yes, it was too hot. (And it still is). I didn't end up running.

No comments:

Post a Comment