Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Anti-sleeves and anti-naps

Apparently sleeves and naps have fallen out of fashion for darling daughter.

I'm assuming all toddlers go through a similar stage when it comes to sleeves. Darling daughter regularly shimmies out of hers. It must be a toddler fashion statement. The only problem is that she is stretching the neck line of her onesies. Almost all her onesies now have out of shape necklines. Any hope of using them for future children are nil. And forget resale value. Who wants to buy an onesie with a misshapen neck line?

She likes shimming out of her sleeves during nap times. It entertains her while she should be napping. Ah, nap time. It is on the endangered species list in our household. I can't remember when she had a good, quality nap in her own crib. Darling daughter will occasionally go to daycare. According to our wonderful daycare provider, darling daughter naps. She'll nap for an hour and half to two hours. And sometimes she'll nap in a playpen while children play around her. What the heck?!? These days if I can get an hour nap out of her, I'll be lucky. This afternoon, she napped for an hour. Instead of shimming out of her sleeves, she shimmed out of her sleep bag. I have to say, that was pretty impressive. Nap time used to be my favourite time of day. No longer. My new favourite time of day is 5 p.m. when dear husband comes home and provides me with sweet reprieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment