Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Meal planning at its best, well, not really

I'm still on the meal planning bandwagon, but I think I've got one foot trailing on the ground and if I hit a bump soon, I might fall off the wagon entirely.

On tonight's menu: leftover pizza and veggies. Can you say desperate? Or is lazy more the word to describe the situation?

Basically we had no groceries until now. As I type this, dear husband has returned from the grocery store, putting our new found bounty away. Grocery shopping was on my list to do today, but it just didn't happen. We met some friends at Chapters this morning and the kids played in the kids section. I spent some of my time policing darling daughter. She loves books, but books don't love her. She is hard on them. She likes to rip pages. After we left the book store, I had no steam to go to the grocery store. So I found some leftover pizza in the freezer and made some veggies. Voila! Dinner of champions.

This week's meal plan list is in my head, not on a piece of paper, which isn't the best idea because it is easy to get off track. But I got dear husband to buy all the missing ingredients tonight so I should be back on the wagon tomorrow morning. In my quest to find new recipes to try out I discovered a new cook book in the express read section at my local library branch called Bake Until Bubbly. Let's just say it has some divine recipes. However, I'm sure they will be appealing to the tongue, they may expand my waist line.

No comments:

Post a Comment