Thursday, January 21, 2010

Toddler attitude

My kid is full of toddler attitude these days.

As I blogged recently, darling daughter loves to play with the power button on the television. On off. On off. On off. On off. You get the idea. In addition to playing with the power button, she now likes to play with the DVD player. I caught her playing with it twice today. She was even so kind to open the DVD player, pick up the DVD in said player and bring the disc to me.

Secondly, she loves playing on the furniture. I don't trust her on the furniture. She's a toddler. She has no real concept of safety. There has been a couple of times where she has bumped her head. Now she is standing up on the couch and love seat, which is a real no, no. And as a result, she is spending a little bit more time in her play yard, especially when I'm getting lunch ready in the kitchen.

Thirdly, the outlet plugs. I have plastic safety doohickeys in all the electrical outlets, but she manages to pull them out and bring them to me. Lately, she has been in a fetching stage. She'll bring me the cordless telephone, television remotes and DVD discs.

Fourthly, the word no. No is her favourite word these days. Do you want to have a nap? No. Do you want something to eat? No. Do you want to play? No. Do you want your diaper changed? No. Yep, no is favourite word these days, especially when I take things away from her. She develops a real little attitude. She purse her lips together, scrunch her face and say no in a determined and firm voice. Yikes! When the heck did my kid become a toddler. Those baby days are over. I hate to even think what the teenage years are going to be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment