Monday, January 4, 2010

Small things make my day

We are already four days into January and I'm already sick of the snow. Snow, snow, snow. And just for fun, blowing snow. It seems like it has been snowing since New Year's Eve. I'm tired of putting on my boots, trudging out to the car with a toddler in tow, teetering on the snow bank lining the sidewalk, hoping I won't fall before I get to the car. Freaking snow. Hate it.

After a frustrating morning which involved me only getting a 30 calorie workout at the gym before the child minding lady handed me darling daughter right at the elliptical machine and then grocery shopping with said grumpy toddler, I parked my car on the street in hopes the snow plow operators would do something with the snow.

My prayers were answered. Shortly after lunch they arrived, plowing the snow away. And God bless their hearts, they even scraped away the huge snow bank growing along the sidewalk away. What a huge relief. I no longer have to worry about climbing over it while carrying darling daughter to the car.

So thanks snow plow operators. You made my bleak January day a bit brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment