Thursday, January 14, 2010

It is a Fred Penner afternoon

Darling daughter is cranky. I blame it on teething. Not even a snack could cease the tears so I had to bring in the big guns: Fred Penner.

Darling daughter absolutely loves Fred Penner. Loves him. She starts to dance immediately when I turn on his CD. Unfortunately for us, we only have one Fred Penner CD. Often, we find ourselves playing it over and over again. At Christmas, dear husband couldn't find another Fred Penner CD, so he bought a children's CD instead. It did not go over so well. When he put in it the CD player, she expected to hear Fred. Instead, she heard the voices of children belting out classic kids tunes. She immediately gave dear husband a look as to say, "what the heck is the crap?" Apparently she doesn't accept substitutes.

Fred Penner seems to be working. Although she didn't start dancing when I hit the play button, she stopped crying, which was the goal of the exercise. We likely have to play the CD all afternoon until dear husband comes home. Good times, good times. I don't mind Fred Penner actually. I think he is under appreciated by the older set. I need to get another one of his CDs to at least bring some variety into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment