Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Is it Saturday yet?



I can't wait until this week is over. If I never see another hanger, card stock tag, price sticker and safety pins after Saturday, I'll be a very happy girl.

A couple of months ago, I decided to get a table in the annual in the Kids Giant Garage Sale, hosted by the Ottawa Chapter of the La Leche League Canada. On Friday, I spent three hours sorting and folding clothes before inserting them in plastic bags before labeling them. And I wasn't even done. A couple of hours here and a couple of hours there, I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. However, I still have yet to sort through toys. God help me.

So the insanity continues. However, I hoping this venture pays off as it is time to clear house of a good portion of baby clothes. While I like the thought of keeping darling daughter's clothes for a possible second child, I'm trying to be realistic. I have no idea if or when child number two comes along. Plus, I can't keep hoarding Rubbermaid bins of clothes in my basement. I'm running out of room. So it is time to say goodbye.

However, dear husband doesn't make it easy. "Do you want to give that away?" he asked while I was tagging a footless sleeper last night."She really looked cute in that."

"Yeah," I replied. "Did you think she looked cute when you were swearing under your breath, wondering how to get her in it?"

The conversation soon ended and there were no further remarks from the peanut gallery.

So my kitchen looks like a closet and I'm tired of pinning tags onto clothes. I can't wait for Saturday to come and go. I may tear up when selling darling daughter's clothes, but my basement will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment