Monday, April 12, 2010

You know when you are an adult

. . . when you get excited about purchasing a central air conditioning system!

Yep, we do lead exciting lives in our household. While I'd love to put the money that we are about to invest into an European vacation, a holiday isn't going to keep us cool in a heat wave this summer. Plus, our air conditioner is old and needs to be replaced. It isn't very energy efficient. It is loud. And it is unable to keep the upstairs cool. So we are going to bite the bullet and get one before the HST comes into effect on July 1. While I'm not looking forward to paying the bill, I'm forward to having an air conditioner that I don't have to turn off when I'm in the backyard because it is too loud.

I never thought I'd feel like this. I wonder if I'll have the same tingly feeling if or when we need a new furnace . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment