Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sand + water = mess



On Sunday, dear husband assembled darling daughter's sand and water table in the backyard. She loves it. And since she was introduced to her new play station, she has been asking to make "castles" all week. I'm not too sure where she heard the word castle as both me and dear husband can't remember saying the word to her.

Although making sand castles is fun work, it is also dirty, messy work, which results in a bath at the end of playtime. I'm not a fan of messes. A floor filled with scattered toys I can handle. I can not handle mud messes. The last two afternoons I've distracted her from her "castle" making work by taking her on errands as it was too hot and sticky to play outside. With the cooler weather, she finally got down to some serious castle making work this afternoon. And of course she needed a bath afterwards. It was her second bath of the day as she was filthy after a morning of playing at the park.

I know I have to get over my aversion to dirt and messes, but I absolutely can't stand sticky sand, especially mixed with sun screen. It's gritty. It's dirty. And it gets everywhere. Thank God for my Dyson. It has been working overtime this last week trying to keep up with the influx of sand ending up on my floors.

So until I get over my sandy mess aversion, our little blue bath tub (which is a whole different story) will also be working overtime this summer. Turning the sand and water table strictly into a sand table isn't an option because darling daughter loves playing with water.

No comments:

Post a Comment