Monday, May 31, 2010

Carbaholics rejoice: the slider



It is no secret that I enjoy carbs. Actually, I would class myself as a carbaholic. I do love my bread, especially English muffins with peanut butter, occasionally topped with a sprinkling of chocolate chips. (I am also a chocoholic as well). And it looks like darling daughter is following in my footsteps as she will constantly say "bun, bun" or "toast, toast" when we are eating dinner. She wants either the bun we are eating or a piece of bread.

I don't usually blog about products but I'd be lax in mentioning to any fellow carbaholics out there about a new product by President's Choice. The company recently launched its new product slider thins, which are mini-burger buns. Although I'd be all about mini-burgers if I wasn't watching my red meat intake these days, these slider thins are ingenious. They are a wonderful for toddlers. Not too big, and not too small. Just perfect for little hands. When darling daughter is saying "bun, bun" or "toast, toast" I usually give her a slider. I bought this bag on Friday and as you can see, we only have four left. They've been a hit.

They are also perfect for adults in helping fulfill their carb cravings. Two buns are 110 calories. Top one bun with your choice of cream cheese, along with a side of fruit, and you are good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment