Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Word of the day: poopie

It has been a poopie morning. Literally.

I've changed four poopie diapers before 1 p.m. Two in the span of 20 minutes. One at a playdate and again one after lunch. This is clearly my penance for not changing a single diaper all long weekend long. (Dear husband is on diaper patrol during the weekends). Darling daughter has reached the age where she will tell me if she's got a poopie diaper by saying, "poopie, poopie" over again until we head upstairs to rectify the situation. Last night, I could hear her say, "poopie, poopie" in her sleep. (I did change her. No poopie diaper. I guess she decided to wait until morning to do her business.)

We aren't yet at the potty training stage. She's sat on the potty. Can say the word potty. Can indicate when she has peed and pooped, but she isn't in the active potty training stage. She isn't exactly ready. She'll get there. I'm in no hurry.

So today must be a record for dirty diapers. Can't remember the last time we've had four sizable poopie diapers in one morning. Obviously the cheese she has been eating in recent days hasn't bound her up. Hopefully the afternoon will be poop-free. If not, hopefully she can hold off until 5 p.m. when dear husband comes home. I've already reached my poop limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment