Monday, October 11, 2010

Crock Pot Mondays



Happy Thanksgiving Monday to all my readers.

This week's Crock Pot Monday somewhat inspired by Thanksgiving. If you have some leftover cranberry sauce and frozen cooked meatballs hanging out in your freezer, I suggest making meatballs with cranberry barbecue sauce.

I deviated from Stephanie O'Dea's original recipe. Instead of using turkey meatballs, I used 1 pound of meatballs that I had previously made from a recipe that can be found in the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook. Then I followed Stephanie's instructions of cutting up jellied cranberry sauce, laying it flat in the Crock Pot stoneware and adding a 1/2 cup barbecue sauce and a tablespoon of soy sauce. I cooked it on high for about four hours.

This recipe did not disappoint as I ate the leftovers for breakfast. However, the next time I make this recipe, I will be using whole cranberry sauce and reducing the amount of a barbecue sauce as I'd think I would enjoy these meatballs more if they had more a cranberry taste to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment