Monday, October 18, 2010

Crock Pot Mondays

In the world of slow cookers, size does matter. And this recipe proves it.

I've made this sweet mustard roast recipe twice: once in my five quart slow cooker and again yesterday in my three quart slow cooker. The smaller pot made all the difference. If you do use a bigger crock pot, you will have to reduce the cooking time. Just to note, I bought a 2 pound roast on sale at Sobey's this week for $5, so this recipe could be budget-friendly if you take advantage of the sale.

Sorry, no photo this week. When I got home from the gym, darling daughter and dear husband were in the middle of dinner and I snagged the last piece. There was no time to take a photo because I was starving. Without further ado, here's the recipe.

Sweet mustard roast

The ingredients:
* 3 pounds beef or pork roast
* 1/3 cup molasses
* 1/3 cup Dijon mustard (I used regular mustard as I don't like Dijon)
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I got fancy and crush a couple of cloves of real garlic)
* 2 tablespoons white vinegar

The Method:
Place meat in the crock pot. Mix molasses, mustard, garlic and white vinegar. Pour on top of meat. Using tongs, flip the meat over a few times to coat it nicely with the sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment