Thursday, November 26, 2009

Decoding the laundry mystery

I may need Huckle cat from Busytown Mysteries to help me solve this one. I'm trying to decode the laundry mystery. How can a family of three produce so much laundry? On Sunday, I washed, dried and folded about four loads of laundry. Although my memory is a bit hazy, I recall folding towels, darling daughter's clothes and two loads of mine and dear husband's laundry. And I think I may have even washed a load of my gym clothes.

Four days later, I find myself doing a load of whites, darks, an entire load of darling daughter's clothing and a separate load of dishcloths. (I've got a dishcloth fetish. I go through about five dishcloths a day. Although I have quite the dishcloth collection, I find myself washing dishcloths about every four to five days).

I find that once I'm done washing, drying and folding, the sensation of a job well done doesn't last long as the dirty laundry starts accumulating in the clothes hampers. It almost makes me want to cry.

Maybe it is the convenience of having laundry facilities in my own home. It may be a different story if we had to go to a laundromat to do laundry. Perhaps we just produce a lot of laundry. Or maybe we are just like any other family with a young child: lots of laundry is just a part of parenthood.

If anyone out there can help me decode the laundry mystery, please let me know. Excuse me as I fish my latest load out of the washer and into the dryer. Ah, the laundry cycle. It never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment