Friday, November 27, 2009

Operation Santa a success, well sort of


This morning I decided it was a good time as any to make a quick visit to our neighbourhood mall Santa Claus. Last year, we went early in the Christmas season and I was able to include the photos of our visit in Christmas cards. They were a hit. If I get my act together, friends and relatives will be receiving similar photos this year of a larger baby with much more hair.
The visit went over relatively okay. Although darling daughter didn't burst into tears, she had quite a confused, serious look on her face. Who the heck is this strange man with a big bushy white beard? the look on her face said. Why are you handing me to him? And why is there a woman taking photos of us?
At this age, the only reason I head to the local mall for a visit for Santa is strictly for the photo op. I readily handed over $12 to get darling daughter's photo taken with the big guy. And although she wasn't impressed, I do enjoy the photos. The way I figure it this is likely the last year for a few years at least that we can get photos taken with Santa. I'm sure next Christmas she'll be in that age where she'll burst into tears once she sits on Santa's lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment