Monday, November 23, 2009

Goodbye my huge bag of chocolate chips. I'm surprised you lasted so long



This morning I said goodbye to the two kilogram bag of chocolate chips I bought at Costco a couple of months ago.


Although I'm sad to see it go, I'm glad it will longer tempt me with its chocolaty goodness. A month ago I blogged about this very bag of chocolate chips. I thought I'd be thrifty and buy chocolate chips in bulk in an attempt to save money. I have spurts where I'll make a lot of chocolate chip muffins, mainly to take with me to playdate potlucks or book club. Between the spurts where I'm not baking muffins, I often find myself indulging in a small handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips throughout the day. Hiding the bag was no use. I'd often hear it calling my name, even if it was hiding in the deep freezer downstairs.


So this morning I managed to use the last meager cup of chocolate chips left in the bag in a batch of banana muffins. (Although a couple of chips did make their way into my mouth). So the bag is no more. Although there are no more chocolate chips left in the house, I do have a small bag of peanut M&Ms to finish off. Once that is gone, there will be no more chocolate left to tempt me. It will be interesting to see how long I can go without chocolate. Even if I cave and buy the odd chocolate treat or two, I'm never going to buy chocolate chips in bulk again. It is too tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment