Thursday, November 5, 2009

Has it really come down to this?

It appears that the simple things now are the highlight of my entire day.

As many of you may know, I listen to talk radio for most of the day. I feel talk radio keeps connected with the world around me. I also like listening to adult conversations, which are lacking in my household during daytime hours. While I may not agree with their opinions or the topics they talk about, the discussions make for interesting listening.

This morning, CFRA host Steve Madely invited listeners to submit H1N1 questions for an upcoming interview with an official with Ottawa Public Health. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to get an answer to a question that has been puzzling me for days. Earlier this week, I heard a news report that the World Health Organization is advising that the half dose is sufficient for young children. However, I've had a difficult time finding a press release or another news article that confirms this news report.

Once Steve asked listeners to submit questions, I logged into email account and fired off an email. I've heard reports that the World Health Organization is saying that one dose of the vaccine (they receive half that what an adult gets) is sufficient for young children and they don't require the booster. I quickly typed. What is Ottawa Public Health recommending? Will my 1 year old daughter need the booster?

Well, I was surprised when Steve read my question almost word for word on the air. I was almost giddy. And I would have likely jumped up and down in excitement if Steve had said my name. So, when dear husband comes home this evening and asks how my day went, I'll be smiling because Steve Madely read my question on air.

And to write that publicly makes me sound kind of lame. But when comparing it to the daily grind of cleaning of crushed goldfish crackers, doing laundry and cleaning up toys, of course this is the highlight of my day. Now I've got to remember to tune in early tomorrow morning to hear the answer to my question.

1 comment:

  1. Please make sure to share the answer to your question . . . I had heard that same WHO report, but haven't been able to find anything to confirm it!

    ReplyDelete