Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas card writing marathon



Good lord, who knew that writing out and addressing Christmas cards would take four hours?


Yesterday, dear husband was home sick. (We were both sick). With the two of us at home, I took the opportunity to write out Christmas cards. I had my day plan: Christmas card writing, tree trimming and some knitting.


Well, wasn't I surprised that this task that I thought would take me an hour to complete took all day. I started around 11 a.m. and except for a half-hour break, I was done around 3:30 p.m. I started getting writer's cramp two hours into my task. I don't remember last year's Christmas card writing session taking four hours. And I wasn't writing anything elaborate either, just a small message underneath the printed greeting and inserting a photo of darling daughter in some of the cards.


Once I was done my Christmas card writing marathon, I was pooped. I didn't feel like writing a blog entry. I had no energy to tackle one of my many knitting projects or drag the Christmas decorations from the basement to trim the tree. Our poor artificial tree is looking pretty sparse as it sits ignored in the corner. Other than the lights (it is a pre-lit tree) there isn't a single ornament on it. I'd like to say today is the day that we decorate the tree, but I'm running on two hours of sleep today. Maybe tomorrow would be a good day to do it as Wednesday is suppose to be a snow day. With 20 to 30 centimetres of snow predicted for the Ottawa area, I may manage to find enough Christmas spirit to decorate the tree with a toddler in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment