Friday, December 4, 2009

Meal planning extravaganza

In my quest to become a domestic goddess in the kitchen, I've taken to meal planning with a vengeance. I've made meals for the last five evenings. Any leftovers we have have been frozen and will be used at the end of the month during the holiday rush. Today, I did an entire inventory of the pantry and the freezers and made lists. I used those lists to help create a meal plan for the upcoming week. I scoured websites for new recipes. I opened up cook books that haven't been open for years. I based my grocery list on my meal plan. Yes, it was certainly an exciting way to spend a Friday afternoon.

I don't like cooking, but meal planning is helping to bridge the gap. I'm even starting to get excited about cooking. But before I start planning my ticker tape parade, I know that this meal planning momentum I have will likely peter out and I may return back to opening up the refrigerator door at 3 p.m., wondering what is for dinner. Although I know I'm not going to be Rachel Ray or Jaime Oliver, but I'm hoping I can at least serve dinner every night at 5 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment