Wednesday, December 23, 2009

O Christmas tree update



Earlier this month, I blogged about my worries about getting a Christmas tree. I thought I'd give provide an update. We decided to go with option three: get a big tree and let the chips fall where they may. The tree has been up for more than two weeks now and it is still standing. We may be tempting fate for not having it tethered to the wall, but luckily there have been no incidents involving the tree crashing to the floor.


We cashed in $29.05 in Canadian Tire money to pay for the tree. Between the sale and the CTC money we redeemed, we got the tree for $38. I'd like to point out that was about seven years of CTC money that I collected. From all reports by dear husband, the CTC cashier wasn't very thrilled that she had to count out $29.05 in said Canadian Tire money. Too bad. Maybe you shouldn't be giving it out if you don't want people to save it and spend it.


Okay, back to the subject at hand -- the Christmas tree. Like I said, it is still standing, but it is a great source of amusement for darling daughter. She likes the ornaments, in particular, a green angel ornament that is in the shape a bell. Several times a day I have to tell her to stop playing with the tree, that is for looking at, not touching. And several times a day she refuses to heed my words and continues to play with the tree. I caught her yesterday playing with one of the red plastic balls.


Since erecting our plastic artificial tree, I have learned that I'm not a fan. Having a fake tree is definitely not the same as a real one. Some days I have the urge to water it. However, having a real tree was not an option this year. I'm still stinging over last year's tree debacle. Plus, I do enjoy the fact I'm not picking pine needles out of the bottom of my socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment