Thursday, December 3, 2009

Stick happy



I think I may have gone a little crazy with the wall decals.


Creating darling daughter's playroom has been a work in progress for the last several months. First, I had to declutter the room. Second, I had to buy two toy storage units: one for the playroom and the other for the living room. And third, I had to find the motivation to finally finish putting it all together.

Lately, I been feeling pretty motivated. I almost want to say that I'm a domestic goddess with all the meal planning, cleaning and planning I've been doing for the last several days. In theory, I'd like to finish darling daughter's playroom by this weekend. My motivation to finish it comes in the form of a Christmas tree. Once that sucker is up, she'll probably won't be able to resist temptation. If all fails (and when I mean fail, I mean if the Christmas tree topples over due to the rambunctiousness of a very excitable toddler), we can head downstairs and play in the playroom.

I think one of reasons I haven't been all that motivated to finish the playroom is because it is downstairs in the basement. I find it a bit dreary downstairs. Who wants to play in a room with only a sliver of a window to let light in? To cheer the room up, I bought wall decals from a Buck or Two. Well, I went a little stick happy with the wall decals. I've got a mermaid theme one wall. I've got a wall and a half covered with fairies, some of which glow in the dark. I've got cute sparkly animals and I have an jungle/dinosaur motif on the back wall. I think I have it covered, literally.

So here's hoping that I get the playroom done by this weekend. I don't want to chance having a toddler playing with a Christmas tree. Too dangerous for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment