Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Please tie a blue ribbon

There is a grassroots movement going on in Ottawa to remember Const. Eric Czapnik, who was stabbed to death early Tuesday morning outside the Civic campus of the Ottawa Hospital.

To be honest, I'm not too sure on all the details, so please excuse me if not all my facts are straight, but from what I have gathered from CFRA, a OC Transpo driver came up with the idea of citizens wearing blue ribbons on their coats and/or on their vehicles in memory of Const. Czapnik and also to support the Ottawa Police Service.

Many people, retailers and small business owners called into Ron Corbett's show this afternoon, offering suggestions and even materials for people to use in order to make blue ribbons. I found an old blue Christmas bow downstairs, took out the staple, cut off a piece of ribbon and tied it to my car antenna. And if it blows away, I've got plenty of ribbon of left to make a new one.

So if you have the materials to make a blue ribbon, please take the time to make one. And if you don't have the materials, please say a little prayer for the Czapnik family and the Ottawa Police Service. I think they need all the prayers they can get in this most difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment