Monday, October 5, 2009

Fun in Montreal



Sometimes it is good to wear something else other than Lululemon and go outside of your comfort zone.

This past weekend I went to Montreal with friends. It is important to note that we all went sans baby. All our babies were safe and sound with our respective dear husbands. And it was fun. We took the train, shopped on Saint Catherine Street, dressed up, ate a delicious meal, had a couple of drinks and went to a 80s bar. And most importantly, we had tonnes of fun.

It was the first time I had been away from darling daughter for more than eight hours. And I did much better than expected. In fact, I felt a bit guilty when I came home last night as I basically dropped off my luggage, spent some time with darling daughter and then headed to book club. (I love book club. I don't like to miss a meeting.) However, we are making up for lost time today.

So yes, it was a fun weekend with the girls. I still have Pump Up the Volume stuck in my head. (One of the many songs we danced to at Club Electric Avenue. I think I even spotted a Andrew McCarthy look-a-like dancing to Madonna's Vogue. . . ) It was good to get away. I'm still tired, but it is all worth it as who knows the next time we will be able to do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment