Monday, October 19, 2009

If I ate this massive bag of chocolate chips to stop the temptation, it would take a heck of a lot of step classes to work off the damage




I find that one of the draw backs of being a stay at home mom is having easy access to the refrigerator. Before having darling daughter, I worked in an office located in an industrial park. The nearest restaurant was Tim Hortons. And to be brutally honest I'm not a big fan of Tim Hortons. (What a very unCanadian statement!) I find their service to be slow. I'm not a fan of coffee and once they switched from Coca Cola to Pepsi products, that was it. No more Tim Hortons for me. Plus, I was too lazy to walk there, so I rarely went. Basically I ate whatever food I had brought from home. Ocassionally, I'd go out to lunch with my co-workers, but those lunches were a special treat.
But now, I find myself around an ample supply of food. When I was breastfeeding, I'd make allowances for myself as I told myself that I "needed" extra calories to make milk for darling daughter. I'm no longer breastfeeding, so that excuse doesn't hold water. For the most part, I eat fairly healthy, but there is always room for improvement, including not opening the freezer door to help myself to a tiny handful of chocolate chips.
Me and semi-sweet chocolate chips have a long history. They are a great when you need a chocolate pick-me-up and you have no chocolate in the house. They give my banana muffins a sweet little something. And they just the perfect topping on my toasted English muffins coated with peanut butter.
I bought the two kilogram bag about two months ago when I was shopping in Costco. I thought it was a steal of a deal for $10. At the time, I was making a lot of banana chocolate chip muffins and I thought I'd save some money by buying chocolate chips in bulk. To be fair to myself, I mainly use the bag for when I'm baking. However, there have been days where I've grabbed a handful of chocolate chips to satisfy a chocolate urge. A couple of days ago, I asked dear husband to put the bag in the downstairs freezer. Out of sight, out of mind, I reasoned. He did. But somehow the bag managed to find its way back in my refrigerator's freezer.
I'd eat the entire bag so in order to stop the temptation. However, that is a lot of chocolate chips to consume and it would take a lot of Body Step classes to work off the damage. In a couple of minutes I'll hide the bag in the freezer downstairs. Thankfully I have no Halloween candy in the house. Then I'd really be in trouble.

1 comment:

  1. Beware the 2 kilo bag from Costco. I've had a similar experience, and so have my thighs!

    ReplyDelete