Monday, October 12, 2009

Giving thanks

Right now I'm feeling a bit down so I thought I'd count my Thanksgiving blessings not only to cheer me up, but to remind me how rich and blessed I am to have the life I have.

So in no particular order (and although some are trivial), here I go:

* Darling daughter. I'm so blessed to have her. She is my walking, talking miracle.
* Dear husband. I couldn't have asked for a better husband and man to walk hand in hand in with in this topsy turvy world.
* Good and dear friends. You know who you are and I thank you so much for your friendship.
* A roof over my head.
* Food in my tummy.
* The freedom to do what I want, when I want.
* My doctor's office. It is so reassuring to call and get an appointment that day and not be told to go to the emergency room.
* My library card. I've saved tonnes of money over the last couple of months by borrowing books from the Ottawa Public Library.
* My gym membership card. It is always good to exercise and get out of the house at the same time.
* My health. I've really got nothing to complain about.
* Laundry facilities. It would really be hard not to have a washer and dryer in the house.
* Our car. It gives me freedom.
* My next door neighbour who picks up our mail when we leave to visit family.
* My family.
* Clean water.
* A soft bed to sleep in.
* Dear husband's job.
* The Internet. I'd be lost without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment