Thursday, October 29, 2009

Someone is going to have a tantrum and that someone is likely me

This one a day nap time thing is starting to become a pain in the you-know-what.

I thought I'd be smart today and delay nap time as long as I possibly could. But I think I shot myself in the foot.

At 12:45 p.m. darling daughter went down for her nap. At one, I watched the hot topics segment of The View and quickly ate a sandwich. Feeling tired myself, I thought I'd pay heed to the old saying of "sleep when the baby sleep" and take a nap. My eyes were closed for 15 minutes before I heard darling daughter whimper. At first I thought she'd go back to sleep. And for a couple of minutes I thought my assumption was proved correct because I didn't hear a peep coming from her room.

Then I heard quiet babbling. I can deal with quiet babbling. But then the babbling turned to cries and then I realized that nap time had come to a crashing halt.

And I didn't even get to have a nap myself.

So now darling daughter is wired. Or wound for sound, as my mother would call her condition. And I'm counting down to 5 p.m. Only two hours and five minutes to go. *Sigh* I had thought that once she transitioned to one nap a day she'd be taking long, leisurely afternoon naps. In my books, an hour nap doesn't qualify as long and leisurely.

I think she is overtired. In hindsight (oh, hindsight you are always 20/20) she should have gone down earlier for her nap. Unfortunately, new routines take some time to establish. *Sigh* But I still miss the morning nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment